Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January 2015 Ipsy Review



My January Ipsy FINALLY showed up in my mailbox today after being delayed at a Distribution Center for a week!  Yay!  The products that I received in this month's Ipsy include: BellaPierre Shimmer Powder, Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush, MALIN+GOETZ Mojito Lip Balm, Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream, and Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eyeshadow.

I was most excited to try the Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush because I have received other Elizabeth Mott products in previous Ipsy bags and I have LOVED all of them.  This brush was no exception, the bristles are very soft and plush and they pick up so much pigment.  I will definitely be using this brush on a daily basis.

The Malin+Goetz Mojito Lip Balm is very creamy and long-lasting and doesn't have much of a taste or a smell, which is a plus for me. 

Typically, there is at least one item per bag that I am totally bummed about receiving.  This month, that item was the BellaPierre Shimmer Powder, but I gave it a try and I really, really like it.  The powder was much more pigmented than I expected it to be. 


Another item from my bag that I am loving is the Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream.  I am just starting to experiment with Eye Creams and the only time I apply them is at night because the creams I have tried are very thick and take a while to absorb.  This is not the case with this Eye Cream, it is very light and absorbs quickly.  I think the Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream will be perfect for daytime wear under my makeup. 

The last item in my bag is the Pacifica Natural Mineral Eye Shadow in the shade Treasure.  I have received other eyeshadows by Pacifica is previous bags and I am not really a fan of this brand, the formula is chalky and their shadow is not very pigmented.  Besides that, the shade that Ipsy sent is not really a match for my Fair skin.  This item will be going in my box of items to trade or donate. 

At $10 per month, Ipsy is a great way to experiment with different brands and add to your makeup collection.  There is usually always one full-size item per month and I have found lots of affordable items and brands that I love through Ipsy.  If you are interested in signing up for Ipsy please click on my referral link below.

http://www.ipsy.com/r/45tt?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general


 

No comments:

Post a Comment