Saturday, January 18, 2014

January 2014 Ipsy Glambag Reveal and Review

The contents of my January 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag 

My January Ipsy Glam Bag arrived earlier this week and I was super excited for this bag when I saw all the previews that Ipsy was posting because they included so many skin care items.  I received the following items in my bag:
  • Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads
  • Yaby Natural Finish Liquid Foundation in Buff (all subscribers who received this product received Buff).
  • Briogeo "Don't Despair, Repair" Deep Conditioning Mask
  • MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm in Natural
  • Épicé Purifying Exfoliant


  
This month's bag






Let me start by saying that the bag that January's items came in is my favorite bag so far (even though it really did stink like mothballs when I first opened it-I know you all know what I am talking about!).  I think it is totally cute and perfect for travel and I can't wait to use it the next time I go on a trip. I also really loved the actual contents of the bag, I think I received a good mix of products (make-up, skin care, and hair care) and I had lots of fun trying out all of my products this week.

Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads: I was really hoping to receive this product in my bag so I decided to do some research and I was totally bummed when I started reading terrible reviews of the product.  I still decided to give it a try, even after reading all of the negative ("it dried out my skin", "it doesn't work", "it made my acne worse", etc...), and I must tell you...I LOVED it!  I initially read that it took about 5 uses to see any results from this product but I saw noticeable results after only 1 use, my acne scars/blemishes appeared lighter and my skin was smoother.  I was sure to use a really good moisturizer after using the wipes (since I had read that they could dry out my skin) and I had no problems with drying.  Overall, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone trying to get rid of acne, whether it be active acne or acne scars or blemishes, and I will definitely be looking in to purchasing the full-size product.

Yaby Natural Finish Liquid Foundation:  I was excited to try a new foundation since I just recently started using liquid foundations again, but, for me, this product wasn't spectacular.  It didn't cover any imperfections, which is what I am looking for in a foundation, so I wasn't impressed.  However, I would recommend this product to someone who likes a sheer coverage foundation.  

Briogeo "Don't Despair, Repair" Deep Conditioning Mask:  This product smells AMAZING!  It has a very coconutty, tropical smell...almost intoxicating.  I really don't use deep conditioning products because I have an oily scalp and fine hair, plus my hair is already pretty healthy, but I decided to give it a try anyways and I was very impressed.  The product didn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy, which is what I expected it to do, but I am not sure yet whether it actually strengthens the hair and keeps it from breaking because I only used it once.  Overall, I would recommend this product but I am not sure whether I would purchase it or not because this isn't really something that I would use or need on a regular basis.

MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm:  I was least excited about this product because I already have lots of lip balm but I gave it a try so I could give an honest review.  I don't think that this product did anything for me, I expected it to be moisturizing while adding a touch of color but it actually performed more like a lip stain without the long-lasting results.  I will probably throw this product in my makeup bag and forget about it.  Overall, this product was nothing special and I wouldn't recommend it.

Épicé Purifying Exfoliant:  I was happy to receive this in my bag.  I love having exfoliants/scrubs around but I really don't ever buy the high-end/luxury stuff so I can't wait to try this.  I am sure it will perform as expected.

FINAL VERDICT: I am SUPER happy with this month's bag and overall I haven't been disappointed with an Ipsy Glam Bag yet.  I hope they continue to send a good mix of make-up, hair care, and skin care. 

Click here if you are interested in signing up for the Ipsy Glam Bag.

Did you receive this month's bag?  What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment